Not a virgin anymore...

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Not a virgin anymore...
From: "Engfehr, John (J.D.)" <jengfehr@ford.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 08:54:42 -0400
Today marks one year since I bought my first Bugeye. (That's not what
you thought the title meant? Shame on you.) It has been the greatest
experience, so I thought I'd share what I learned, since most of you
guys have decades of ownership. 1) Get used to smiling when you drive.
It just happens to you and everyone who sees the car. 2) The exhaust
burble is to die for. What a neat sound. 3) Getting airborn is not a bad
thing like in most cars. It happens without drama at low speeds. Enjoy
it.  4) Let the smoke out of your wiring harness. You know it's dieing
to get out, let it happen and get it over with.  5) When you get caught
in the rain with your top at home in the garage (keeps it from fading)
don't panic. Turn on the wipers, drive faster, and enjoy that feeling
you had as a kid when you splashed in a puddle. When I got over the "oh
my gosh I'm getting soaked", I started laughing out loud and enjoyed the
trip home.)  6) This list is the greatest resource with the nicest
people you could ever deal with. I've learned to cut and paste the great
advise offered here and put together a notebook so I can save this
wisdom for later. Thanks guys, for the help. (The Buster Cluster notes
and pictures were inspiring. What a group.) 7) Be warned, there is this
feeling that comes over you that requires you need more than one
Spidget. It is a disease. I'm coping the best I can.
(PS - I use the compiled list, so I don't get too many emails at work,
so I'm slow to respond.) God Bless

John Engfehr
'59 Bugeye 1275