Re: Was: The Most Beautiful... Now: Favorite Cars

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Re: Was: The Most Beautiful... Now: Favorite Cars
From: b-evans@earthlink.net
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 07:59:48 -0700
Jay Fishbein wrote:

>.....Jay Fishbein wrote:  "Please edit your addresses. When responding to an
>email that you are sending to the list, it is unnecessary to cc the original
>sender."

Thanks, Jay, for a most reasonable reminder to all of us.  While I try
to remember to delete all of the previous "senders", I also too often
forget.

I might also suggest that folks try to boil down the message to which
they are responding, and in some way make it clear specifically to what
they are responding.  I try to use indents. quotes, or, as I did with
this message, edit it down to,  ".....Jay Fishbein wrote: "Please...".
Anything that helps the reader understand your message is a step forward..

When responding to what I believe to be a helpful Sprite issue, I
sometimes address my responses to all three of the above lists.  In that
way, I can assure that my message reaches those who only subscribe to
one list.  Yes, it would be easier if there was but one list, but it
ain't gonna happen.

One of the daunting tasks that faces readers is wading through the text
of a message that lists a chain of the previous people to whom a message
has been sent.  There are a couple of non-Sprite people who are
constantly sending me jokes that have a zillion of these that must be
sifted out to get to the meat of the message.  I have asked those folks
to remove all of those forwards, but to no avail.  I usually just delete
the entire message.

Buster Evans