Re: MG Roadster coming to US

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG Roadster coming to US
From: Jay Fishbein <type79@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 12:37:40 -0400
In that same train of thought, I think the U.S. manufacturers
continually miss the boat on 2 seaters.
Allante
Reatta
Solstice/Sky
Fiero
Some close calls, but why do they always put anemic or borderline
engines in them? And the front end styling on the Solstice is best
described as reminiscent of a Remington electric razor. Whoever was
responsible for that design should go back to being lead man on the door
handle design team.

Then there's the Cadillac XLR aka Chevrolet Corvette, Dodge Viper, and
Plymouth Prowler but these cars aren't affordable cars for the masses.
Yes I understand what a bargain the Corvette is compared to exotics, but
when are they going to put a proper interior in that car? And the car is
f**king enormous.

But then, this IS the country that is so in love with driving trucks as
daily drivers: vans, SUV's, pickups. And maybe that's the answer right
there. US manufacturers can't bring themselves to build anything small
and/or light.

Regarding the new MG, I don't see it going anywhere unless 1) it's
affordable, 2) it's restyled, 3) it is effectively marketed, and 4) they
develop a real dealer network.

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct

http://home.ix.netcom.com/~type79/   Now, New and Improved

"You got a light, mac? No...but I've got a dark brown overcoat." Vivian
Stanshall