Re: Flywheel removal

To: Phil Nase <nase@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: Flywheel removal
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 17:38:26 -0400
Phil Nase wrote:
> Engine is out, clutch removed and the flywheel bolts off.  I can't budge the
> flywheel loose.  What can I do to remove it without boogering something up?

A BF screwdriver or prybar around the end in a few spots or a BF hammer
thru the starter hole then rotate it and hit it again.
Be carefull smashing thru the starter hole, not me but my kid did major
damage to his Mini engine when he missed and hit the aluminum.

> Anyone know off hand what size the crank pulley nut is?

1 5/16"

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ