Re: off to Alaska

To: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Re: off to Alaska
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 22:53:00 -0500
On 8/31/06, Glen Byrns <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu> wrote:
> My wife and I are off to a two week 25th anniversary vacation/cruise in Alaska
> this Monday.  Going over the itinerary she prepared, I see lots of yarn stores
> and only one Airplane museum and absolutely no LBC related sites.  Has anyone
> got any recommendations for historic aircraft museums, car museums, LBC shows
> or pretty much anything more fun than a yarn store?  We'll be in Anchorage,
> Seward, Palmer, Haines, Skagway, and one or two other places I can't spell.

Glen,

You'll be on Highway 1 (Glenn highway) from Tok to Palmer and
Anchorage.  There's about 10 miles of it just north of the Wrangles
between Sinona Lodge and Gakona Junction that is torn all to hell. Not
too much trouble in a car (aside from the great RV parade) but a cast
iron bi**h on a bike. Knee deep pea gravel!  Off to your south though
you will see a couple of the most magnificent glaciers in North
America.  Also...  You are going to want to move to Seward!!

Have a great time - I know you will!!

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City