On the Road / Speedometer Question

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: On the Road / Speedometer Question
From: "Gregory Groiss" <ggroiss@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 09:21:25 -0400
Hello Everyone,

With the help of the list and Frank stopping by during the hurricane
last Saturday, my '73 Midget is now on the road.  Although there are
still things that need to be installed / corrected I am just happy I
am able to take it out for a drive.

The problem I need to resolve now is with the speedometer.  It seems
to be reading close to 2x the actual speed.  From what I have been
told one possible cause would be the speedometer does not match the
rear.  So here's my question, is there any way to tell what rear the
speedometer in the car is actually for?  Serial number on the front
maybe?  Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Greg