RE: Not quite clueless - temperature gauge

To: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Not quite clueless - temperature gauge
From: "Bill Miller (LBC's)" <lbcs@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 18:28:23 -0400
Jim -

Not knowing the frogeye dash this may not work.
Since you are recovering it, what I would be tempted to do is to cut a slit
no more than the width of the ether tube from the gauge hole to the outside.
Remove the dash: clean it, strip it prep it.  Recover all except the
attachment of the material at the slit.  Do the final attachment in the car
with the gauge back in place.
Just a thought.