OT Re: Lost bolt, no LBC , but we have all done it

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: OT Re: Lost bolt, no LBC , but we have all done it
From: "bjshov8" <bjshov8@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 20:44:20 -0500
As I understand it, they are travelling about 18,000 mph, so if a nut
"floats away" then it is also travelling at basically 18,000 mph.  So if its
orbit manages to intersect the perpendicular orbit of a satellite, shuttle,
or astronaut, there will be one heckuva collision.

The fastest factory-loaded rifle bullets travel about 2,700 mph, and that's
pretty darned fast.  Experimenters have managed up to about 3,800 mph, so
18,000 is incredibly fast.