Running on (Help)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Running on (Help)
From: Mike Rivers <beatlemikey@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:24:04 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

I'm still experiencing running on, or dieseling, when
I go to shut off the engine.  It only happens when it
is at operating temperature.  When I shut it off when
it's not up to temperature, it shuts off ok.  I have
verified the timing, mixture, point and plug gap, none
of ythat seems to make a difference at all.  The idle
speed is as low as it can go (about 900 rpm).

I suspect that something may be glowing hot within the
combustion chambers, as someone earlier on the list
noted.  I rebuilt the engine (1275) a few months ago
and it has about 350 miles on it so far. The head has
new valve guides. It doesnt burn oil or smoke and the
plugs are a light tan.  The timing is at 10deg BTDC
for a 1969 25D Lucas distributor.  I'm at my wits end.
 Do I pull the head and see if there might be any
evidence of what may be causing this?  I'm using a
Mo$$ standard head gasket. Suggestions? Help.

Thanks,
Mike Rivers
1961 MG Midget 1275