Spridget Windscreen Troubles

To: "Midget Sprite Group" <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Spridget Windscreen Troubles
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 08:59:06 -0500
I'm trying to replace the windscreen on my MKIII Midget with one I got
from a donor parts car. I have replaced the rubber fittings with new.
I am unable to get the two end posts far enough down into the holes in
the car to meet with the bolts coming through from inside. It lacks
about 1/2 inch on both sides even with the center bracket installed
and tight. It looks to me like the new rubber (base of each end post
and long grommet that seals from bottom of the frame to the car body)
need to be compressed by about that 1/2 inch in order for the bolt
holes to match up. Does anyone have any tricks for making this happen?

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City