Re: Ebay question, no LBC

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ebay question, no LBC
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 11:00:24 -0500
I find that a hidden reserve is a major turn-off, especially once the bids
come close to the fair market value of the item and the reserve is still not
met. I am not interested in playing those games. You are right, it CAN get
some bidding underway before the last five minutes of the "auction", but it
can also eliminate a sizable number of potential customers. As I told Peter
off-list, ebay does not really emulate an auction... it is a simulation of
the last five minutes before closing time at a swap meet or flea market.
High starting prices can also be off-putting, but too low of a starting
price will restrict how high the price will go.
David Lieb
1972 RWA Midget