Re: Ebay question, no LBC

To: nosimport@mailbag.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ebay question, no LBC
From: RBHouston@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 12:36:38 EDT
In a message dated 10/13/2006 7:51:14 AM Mountain Standard Time,
nosimport@mailbag.com writes:

What  does it mean when someone asks me what my reserve price is on
something?  Should I answer? And how?

Or... should I have a reserve  at all?

Thanks in advance.

Peter  C.

Just my opinion Peter, but if there is a bottom line you would not sell at,
have a reserve.

Some folks put the reserve in their description.  I'm not sure of the  reason
for hiding the reserve assuming you are happy with selling at that number
and won't be upset if the bidding doesn't go much higher.

I don't think you can accurately predict what the folks will bid, but some
may see a reserve of say $50 and think it can't be worth much more than
that...hence a reason to not disclose it.

Did you put a "buy it now price'?

Are these items that potentially would sell for high dollars, or are you
just cleaning up some parts that are not moving.

A few  years ago when I was shopping for a watch I found a fellow
advertising several and disclosing his reserve...he also posted  his web  page
for more
info.  When I went to the web page, his advertised  retail  price was his
reserve.  I think he was only using Ebay to  advertise.

Robert  Houston
Texan in NM

73 MG Midget
74.5 MGBGT
63  TR4

Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first  woman she
meets and then teams up with three complete strangers to kill  again...
(http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/23877.html#email)
(http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Unknown/) Marin  County newspaper's TV
listing for "The Wizard of
Oz"