Bugeye Run Over by Truck

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bugeye Run Over by Truck
From: Jim Rogers <JARplanner@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 20:11:52 -0700
Well, the Bugeye got run over by a Ford F350 today. Fortunately very
little damage to the Bugeye.

I was in a traffic line exiting the LA auto swap meet, going 5mph at
most or at stop. The F350 (raised an extra foot or so in height) was
behind me - obviously. The truck driver said he could not see me below
the hood of the truck and "forgot" I was there! I stopped with the
traffic in front - he thought he had another 12 feet clear. The Bugeye
was low enough and the truck high enough that I just "slid" under his
front bumper. Result was only a busted taillight and the boot
"popped-in" _under_ the Sprite insignia. No actual dent and no paint
scratches. Seems my luggage rack acted as a bumper!

So I highly recommend adding luggage racks to spridgets! You know no
cars are low enough (with possible exception of Chebby low-riders) to
actually hit our rear bumpers/bumperettes!

Counting my good karma!

Jim Rogers
San Juan Capistrano, CA