Re: Square Arch Tire Clearance

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Square Arch Tire Clearance
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 14:22:56 -0500
I am not blazing but proceeding down that trail with a RWA Midget.
I'm going for 185/60-14s, though.  If you look closely at the pics,
the tires appear to rub on the springs a little.  This isn't the end
of the world.  You may have to massage the sheet metal inside the arch
some, both inner and outer, but the outside bodywork on that car seems
to be stock.  Also notice that he has a panhard rod, which will keep
the rear end from doing much side-to-side moving.  Also notice that
the tires he used were shaved, which probably removed 1/2" or so from
the total diameter of the tire.
The stock offset for Spridgets is 20mm.
In the back, if you start going with more offset, the springs will be
the first big thing you hit.