Re: Clunk

To: <bushwacker4@zoomtown.com>, <adrianjones747@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Clunk
From: "Chris King" <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 18:18:52 -0800
Close -  it was the "other" Chris K, Chris Kotting, and it was all the
bottom end bearings.
http://www.wideopenwest.com/~kottage/tech/1500_bearings.html

Adrian, as for the indicator, you should be able to zero the dial when
you set it up. Push the crank in as far as you can, then zero the
indicator. Then push in the clutch. Take a reading afterwards.

If you're getting close to .014, it may not be a bad idea to drop the
sump and see what the thrust washers look like.

-=Chris

Chris King
http://home.comcast.net/~kvcbk/