Re: [midgetsprite] [Fwd: Rare John Sprinzel Book on ebay]

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] [Fwd: Rare John Sprinzel Book on ebay]
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 08:34:41 -0600
It's not spam or shameful behavior.  There is nothing wrong with linking to
ebay auctions, unless you are ONLY doing self promotion and are not an
active list participant.  But, a lister saying "Hey, I'm selling this on
ebay", is not a problem, IMHO.
Many listers, myself included, will offer items for sale to other listers
before selling on ebay.  I recently sold a DCOE and manifold for <$150 to a
lister.  Sometimes I'd rather pass along a good deal to another lister.
Other times I may want to get maximum price for an item and I'll just put it
on ebay.
What we don't want are vendors who ONLY advertise and don't contribute.  We
have several great vendors who participate, give good advice, and will
provide much needed alternatives to the large vendors whom we all could
avoid.
I think you can put in a shameless plug if you are a list member.
Don't forget, we all have the power of the "Delete" key.