Spring Anchor Plates 59 Sprite

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Spring Anchor Plates 59 Sprite
From: "Peej Noggin" <jax2a@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 07:42:34 -0500
Hello All, I've been lurking for a year or more on this list.  Frank Clarci
(not sure if I spelled that right) invited me here when I emailed him a
question about one of his Sprites.  I haven't posted anything yet as I
hadn't been working on my Sprite project.  I have a very rusty 59 that I'm
now trying to build for the $2007 Grassroots Motorsports Challenge.  Tearing
out the front end went very smoothly but I'm having a heck of a time with
the rear springs.  Currently I'm trying to remove the lower right anchor
plate and have a question.  It appears to me it should come off once the 8
bolts are removed (4 accessible from inside the tub, the u-bolt and the 2 in
between the u-bolt and the other 4)  I have all these outs but the plate
won't come off.  It appears to be free except for the rear inner corner.
Now my question, is there a spot weld back there I'm not seeing?  Sorry for
the long post and thanks,

Jack