Re: shop/garage floor coatings

To: cartman@rcn.com
Subject: Re: shop/garage floor coatings
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 06:19:58 -0600
I haven't been as lucky with the Rustoleum.  I had my garage extended and
then coated the entire floor about two years ago.  I believe I did
everything right in cleaning the slab, including a muriatic acid wash
while the Rustoleum kit only comes with some citric acid.

On the older part of the slab it is lifting where the car's warm tires
come to rest.

On the newer part of the slab I've got pieces that have popped up all
over the place.  That might be due to not waiting long enough for the
slab to cure.  I waited 30 days, as the instructions dictated, but I
still have the problem.

I also followed some other advice I found on the web, which was to give
it two coats.  It is almost impossible to get good coverage in one coat.

If I had to do it over again I would go with U-Coat-It.  It is more
expensive but I think a more thorough system.

-- David Littlefield