RE: shop/garage floor coatings

To: "'charlie shelden'" <shelden3@pldi.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: shop/garage floor coatings
From: "Greg Gowins" <cartman@rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 10:28:45 -0600
Hi Charlie,

I've got the Rustoleum product on my garage floor.  I applied it a little
less than three years ago, and it still looks great.  The key, much like
painting a car, is preparation.  Follow the instructions to the letter.  I
even took the extra step of deep cleaning the surface with muriatic acid.
You have to be sure you wash all of the crud off.  Since you have a new pad,
there will be a thin film that floated to the top during the concrete curing
that will need to be cleaned off.  Also be aware that the stuff isn't UV
protected, so if there is a spot that will get a lot of sunlight, it will
fade.

I'm sure others will chime in, but I've had no problems at all with the
Rustoleum stuff.  I park my car on it without any lifting.  The keys I think
are making sure the surface is as clean as possible before applying, and
then putting nothing on the surface for a week to 10 days to let the epoxy
cure completely.  It might take longer to cure now that the weather has
cooled off.

Greg Gowins
'69 Sprite
Driftwood, TX