RE: It is too tight

To: "Ron Soave" <soavero@yahoo.com>, "Spridgets"
Subject: RE: It is too tight
From: "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 09:23:12 -0600
Hi All, FWIW to anyone, the last two sets of thrust washers I purchased
from Moss were both TOO &^@!*+ THICK.  The sets were purchased a few
months apart and both were intended to be routine replacements on 1275
rebuilds.  Anyway, the originals still had undetectable wear so I reused
them.  I, too, have never found excessive end float on any A series
engine.  I never messed with a 1500 but I have heard horror stories.....
I might suggest that the tight-crank lister oughta check out this
possibility if he hasn't already.
Jack