58 tech question

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 58 tech question
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 21:55:22 -0500
Bonnet question this time.
My 58 did not come with a bonnet.
I know the bonnet on a 58 was different from all the rest.
Horler has no pictures of 58 bonnets.
So, What was the difference?
I have 2 bonnets, one has a hole on the left side similar to the heater
air intake hole on the right side but slightly smaller and a bit oval in
shape. It serves no purpose.
Also I read that the radiator ducting was "added" at car # XXXX but what
was on the early cars where the ducting is on most Bugeyes?
Some ducting? just a big open hole with no side walls to the rad?
The 2 bonnets I have are slightly different in just HOW the ducting is
but at first look, you can't tell.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ