Re: Favorite American Sports Cars

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Favorite American Sports Cars
From: "Bert Shirey" <bertshirey@zoominternet.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 09:43:18 -0500
Yeah, Frank:

      And who the heck coined the term "SUV"?  Sure, I have one of them
politically incorrect beasts, if in part to rile the Pirius crowd.
    Darn nice truck, and very handy. I don`t know how we did without it.
Still, it`s a truck.
     But, "sport," exactly what sport do they have in mind. Maybe off-road
might qualify, though the only off-road mine`s ever seen is when wife ran
over the flower bed trying to back down the driveway in the dark.
      I`m not so sure that roadster is always synonymous with sports car,
either.
    Although, kidding aside, that Solstice did impress me. Not so much as
the Miata (I agree the Sky is a better looking car), but not bad. I`d
consider one, given we have few choices under $50K.
     When I think sports, I want to work at driving it, pull and twist
things. It doesn`t need to be 0-60 in 3.5, and I think you ought to be able
to smell the thing when you open the garage door, even before you see it.

Bert Shirey