Ponder this, is it Friday the 13th

To: "spridgets net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ponder this, is it Friday the 13th
From: "Jack Laird" <jlaird237@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 08:43:06 -0600
The good books say check float level 1/8 inch drill bit between the body and
under the lever thing. OK mine are much more than that. However it seems to me
that a larger opening would depress the float and allow less fuel in the
chamber, ie close the valve sooner thus preventing over flow. Agree??

Now the fuel in the chamber exits the bottom and goes to the side of the
needle and choke assy.

That is where my leak is, from right at the bottom of the choke and adjusting
nut. I have checked my assy and seems I have put them together correctly.
Heck, overnite the float chambers have run dry. Ideas???????????????????  I
just fail to see how there can be a leak with those cork gaskets around the
choke tube at both ends, etc etc.

Yep I know where the leak is, how in the world do I fix it. What have I done
wrong or is there anyway to tell other than looking yourself?

I do not suspect the fuel pressure as I do not get overfill of the fuel float
chambers as no fuel is pushed out the drain tubes.