RE: Comedy recording-LBC question

To: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>, "Dave G."
Subject: RE: Comedy recording-LBC question
From: "Hal Faulkner" <hal@katemuir.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 17:54:14 -0800
I have seen a documentary of WWII which showed Winston Churchil on a visit
to Washington, D.C. to confer with Roosevelt.  Churchill definitely flashed
the "V" the wrong way!!!

BTW, in Europe it may be safer to flash "2" using the thumb and forefinger!

Along the same lines, I had a Brazilian housemate once who was quite amused
by our use of the thumb and forefinger to signal "ok"!  The difference there
is that it is done with the hand below the waist, while here it is done with
the hand approximately shoulder level.  Marcos also taught me the words to
accompany the gesture in Portugese!!  It's a pretty certain way to start a
fight in Rio.

Hal