x-mas rc toys

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: x-mas rc toys
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 15:41:07 -0800
Its too late to get one in time for Christmas, but the coolest toy I've had in
awhile is the "Piccoo Z" toy helicopter.  (about $40 from Hobbytron).  Some
folks are lucky enough to find them at Radio Shack or Wal Mart, but thanks to
the internet buzz, they're pretty much sold out around the country.

Infrared control, palm sized, and its flies around in the house!  I already
broke the first one by doing tons of mods (from the web sites) in between
charges.  New one is on the way.  I've always been an RC junkie, so this
really hit the spot.  Its pretty easy to fly if you find the websites first
and read the FAQs before you crash it a few dozen times like I did.  For the
first weekend in two months, I didn't spend a minute in the garage working on
the cars.  Too much fun freaking out the dog with the toy helicopter!  The
sound of the electric motor in this little sucker is driving my wife nuts, she
is starting to think I need another LBC.  What could be better?

Glen Byrns