Re: AVG virus software-noLBC

To: Spridgets Mail list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: AVG virus software-noLBC
From: William McLeod <wbmcleod@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 17:50:14 -0700
On Jan 2, 2007, at 2:47 PM, CHRIS KOTTING wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Jan 2007 15:07:07 -0500, Geoff Branch wrote
>> Does anyone have any suggestions for good FREE virus software now
>> that AVG is going to start charging for theirs?
>
> Short answer.  Nope.
I have to agree with Chris. I have a MAC (no problems), a PC running
Ubuntu Linux (free) and an old HP that won't run Linux no matter what
I try, so it is still on Windows, with all the associated problems.
Linux takes some time to learn, as many of the small goodies that are
transparent on Windows have to be found and downloaded (patent and
copyright issues), but one good long weekend should see you up and
running easily.  There are a couple of Linux forums that offer (a)
free answers to stupid questions and (b) readable and even
downloadable excellent owner's manuals.

Regards, Bill