Re: No LBC---Health Insurance

To: "David Riker" <davriker@digitalpath.net>
Subject: Re: No LBC---Health Insurance
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 11:08:08 -0600
On 1/6/07, David Riker <davriker@digitalpath.net> wrote:
> For $16,000, I'd go uninsured.  A public hospital can't turn you away if you
> are uninsured, so if there is something catastrophic, hey, the rest of us
> will pay it for you through higher fees on our medical expenses.  At least
> that's how the illegals do it.  Woried about charge-offs or collections
> ruining your credit?  Most lenders don't even take medical charge-off's into
> account when granting credit.
<snip>

Thanks, David.  Just got the hospital's bill for Carolyn's angiogram 2
weeks ago.  $14,000 before adjustments and insurance.  It would be
quite a bit less to start with if I didn't have to pay for all the
people doing what you suggest.....    ;-)

Seriously, folks...  The cost of health care is what caused the cost
of your health insurance to increase.  And the cost of health care
increased because the dederal government won't allow hospitals to turn
people who don't pay away from the ER.  If you are honest and hard
working, and pay your bills (even if you have to pay a little at a
time) you get screwed having to pay a share of everyone who isn't as
nice as you.

My daughter runs an Ob-Gyn section in a large hospital. She tells me
that nearly 50% of their "walk-ins" can't pay for their healthcare and
about 80% of those are illegal aliens. They are also not allowed to
turn in the illegals. One day she had 3 different pregnant women who
spoke no english show up with the same social security card and fake
green card. Had to sile and treat them anyway.

You want to lower the cost of health care and health insurance??  Call
your Senator and Congressperson and tell them to fix the illegal
immigration problem!!

Oh....    And ditto on everything Buster said about the British
National Health system.  That was exactly our experience when we lived
there in the 60s. Back before they went to appointment only at the
doctors office there used to be lines of people that went all the way
around the block - most of whom didn't get to see the doctor that day.
People used to que up at 4 or 5 am in hopes of seeing a doctor and
stand outside in the rain and cold for hours.

Once again...  a major hunk of our medical care cost in this country
can be directly attributed to the illegal immigrant problem.

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City