Re: Fuel Gauge Working, Rear End Not Growling Anymore, and A Q?

To: Phil Nase <nase@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Gauge Working, Rear End Not Growling Anymore, and A Q?
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 22:07:55 -0500
Growling on my truck rear end, which grew higher in pitch as speed
increased (like cruising at 75) was cured by replacing bearings, both in
the differential and at the axle ends.  I theorize they were damaged
when subjected to a lot of pounding stress when I had frozen on brake
drums.  Problems with gear lash produce more of a whine, in my experience.