Re: Katrina, Malbu and other desasters (absolutely no LBC)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Katrina, Malbu and other desasters (absolutely no LBC)
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 23:25:23 -0600
Years ago I bought a small generator.  I realized that in this area there
comes the occasional hurricane that knocks the power out for a while.  So,
being a resposible citized I equipped myself to provide some power in case
of storm outage.  I spent around $500 on a generator that would power my
fridge intermittently and a TV (mostly for news) and a small AC (my wife
cannot stand to be hot).  My dad had a similar generator for emergency use
from as long ago as I can remember.  Now, Katrina hits and we are not
damaged physically, but the power is out.  I pull out the generator and
power our fridge intermittently and our neighbor's fridge intermittently.
Hooray for me.   I planned ahead, wisely invested in a small generator, and
got use from it.  It turns out I made a mistake.

Now, along comes FEMA with pockets bulging with our tax dollars.  Part of
their brilliant plan is to give away generators to people who need them.
So, in addition to buying my generator, I also bought one or two for some
people who didn't plan ahead.  Thanks, FEMA.