Re: Katrina, Malbu and other desasters (absolutely no LBC)

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Katrina, Malbu and other desasters (absolutely no LBC)
From: <bushwacker4@zoomtown.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 14:35:25 -0500
Jim wrote : For many years I have also refused to give money to the United Way
unless I could stipulate where my donation went. A goodly portion of United Way
agencies spend the bulk of your donations on administration rather than giving
your money to the needy.

I quit giving to the United Way when I found out that they reduce what they
normally give to a particular agency by the amount of your directed donation.
In other words, if the Kidney Foundation normally got $5K from them and you
directed that your donation of $1K go to them, the UW only gives them $4K after
that!

Kent
1960 Bugeye
1975 Midget - trailerparked queen