RE: Katrina, Malbu and other disasters (absolutely no LBC)

To: <bushwacker4@zoomtown.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Katrina, Malbu and other disasters (absolutely no LBC)
From: "Hal Faulkner" <hal@katemuir.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 09:24:45 -0800
Kent wrote:
"I quit giving to the United Way when I found out that they reduce what they
normally give to a particular agency by the amount of your directed donation.
In other words, if the Kidney Foundation normally got $5K from them and you
directed that your donation of $1K go to them, the UW only gives them $4K
after that!"

Duuuuh.

For the same reason I could not understand in the least why people in CA voted
for the lottery claiming, "it will help the schools!"  If ya want a lottery
admit it.  If ya want to fund schools do it.  Don't claim one is going to
accomplish the other.

"The large print giveth and the small print taketh away."  Tom Waits

Hal