Subaru/BMW ( NO LBC )

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Subaru/BMW ( NO LBC )
From: Robert Duquette <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 9:27:05 -0500
Thanks to all who commented on my requests for opinions on Outbacks and 528i's.

I ended up with a 2001 six cylinder Outback with VDC ( and a 200 watt McIntosh
stereo ).  http://www.cartest.ca/2001_subaru_outback_h6_30.htm  It was close
though.  I managed to get sick before Christmas and at a certain point while
negotiating a preliminary deal with the Subaru salesman, I got physically and
mentally weak and my wife took over and went for the jugular, when the signal I
was trying to send was "let's get out of here now".  Anyway, we've had it for
over 2 weeks and we're quite happy with it.  We have received some snow today
and I actually got the VDC dash light to flash on in the empty parking lot at
work.  WOOHOO! :)  I'm not so sure that the leather seats are a good thing in
this climate though and I wish that it had a heated steering wheel like the BMW
does.  The seats are heated, but it still takes several minutes.  But, to
summarize, I'm loving it.

Thanks again!
Robert D.