Re: Re: Subaru/BMW ( NO LBC )

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Subaru/BMW ( NO LBC )
From: Robert Duquette <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 14:18:56 -0500
I went out for a drive at lunch.  We got about 5 inches of snow (finally!) this
morning and the driving is a bit slippery.  You can see some of it here:
http://www.cbc.ca/ottawa/# on the traffic webcams.  Not too spectacular.  I was
pushing it when I could safely.  The only disconcerting moment was when another
driver pulled out of a side street across my lane, turned towards me, skidded
into and bounced off the snowbank and threatened to come out into my lane, but
got it under control.

There's an S curve coming back into my work.  YEE-HAA!  I got the light coming
on through both curves.  ( no-one was coming the other way ).  I like push it a
bit, to get my winter legs on as soon as I can, so that I'm ready when the
unexpected happens.  I want to know what the car will do when I need it to.

I saw pictures of Dallas in ice this morning on the AM news.  And icicles
hanging off California oranges.  We're supposed to be going to -15F tomorrow
night.

I'm happy that you like your Pathfinder.  I guess you don't have an excuse not
to drive up to Canada in the winter now, eh?