Drinking-No LBC content

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Drinking-No LBC content
From: rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 12:59:10 -0800 (PST)
With all this talk of great bourbon, I thought I'd like to add my two cents:

A cowboy, who is visiting Texas from Arkansas, walks into a bar  and orders
three mugs of beer.  He sits in the back of the room,  drinking a sip out of
each one in turn.

When he finishes them, he comes  back to the bar and orders three more.  The
bartender approaches and tells  the cowboy, "You know, a mug goes flat
after I
draw it.  It would  taste better if you bought one at a
time."

The cowboy replies,  "Well, you see, I have two brothers.  One is in
Arkansas, the other is  in Delaware.  When we all left our home in Texas,
we promised
that  we'd drink this way to remember the days when we all drank together.
So I'm drinking one beer for each of my brothers and one for  myself."

The bartender admits that this is a nice custom and walks  away.

The cowboy becomes a regular in the bar, and week after week,  comes in and
orders the 3 three mugs of beer and drinks each in  turn.

One day, however, he comes in and only orders two mugs!  All  the regulars
take notice and fall silent.  When he comes back to the bar  for the second
round, the bartender says, "I don't want to intrude on your  grief, but
wanted to
offer my condolences on your loss."

The cowboy  looks quite puzzled for a moment, then a light dawns in his eyes
and he  laughs.

"Oh, no, everybody's just fine," he explains, "It's just that my  wife and I
joined the Baptist Church and I had to quit drinking.  Hasn't affected my
brothers though."