SU i.d. question

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: SU i.d. question
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 20:12:04 -0800 (PST)
How about that Barrett Jackson thing? $85,000 for an
Amphicar, and "only" $51K for a nice big Healey.
Anyway, a friend came across a set of AUD404 carbs in
a pile and sent them to me. They are actually complete
on manifold with heat shield and in excellent shape.
Question is...they have brass tops on the damper
pistons like H1s have. I believe I have a set of 404s
on my "estranged" 1970 Midget, and I don't recall
seeing brass tops on later SUs. Is this correct? The
manifold, etc. is definitely a Spridget setup.

Ron

TV dinner still cooling?
http://tv.yahoo.com/