Re: bugeye carb rebuild kits

To: "Weber, Chris" <cweber@advanced-input.com>, "spridgets net"
Subject: Re: bugeye carb rebuild kits
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 14:28:25 -0600
I was asked a similar question by someone else.

Do you really need a kit?  The carb mounting gaskets come in an
engine gasket set, or are available separately. You usually do not
need jets or needles. You may/probably need throttle shafts which
don't come in a carb kit. The float needle and seat are available separately.

Frank wrote a piece on this a little while ago.  These carbs really
are cheap to rebuild, and most of the stuff you've already got.

I recommend listing what you need for sure. Check shafts for wear.
Mostly it's just a good cleaning. Most times, under 30 bucks will fix
both carbs.

Right Frank?

If you need a part that's not in a kit, like a linkage piece, those
are around. Just ask.
Peter C.