UK Spridget 50 - The Big 2008 Party!

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: UK Spridget 50 - The Big 2008 Party!
From: b-evans@earthlink.net
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 12:18:53 -0800
    (I thought I would repost a message from Steve Clark, organizer of
    the UK "Spridget 50 - The Big 2008 Party!".  Their golden
    anniversary celebration will be drawing cars from all around the
    world.  I will be shipping my Frogeye/Bugeye/Mark I/AN5 to the
    event, as is Jim Rogers (San Juan Capistrano CA).  We will also be
    entering our cars in the John O'Groat to Land's End run being
    organized by Alan East-Jones.  If anyone is interested, contact me
    for further information.--Buster Evans)

Greetings to all Sprite and Midget owners and enthusiasts around the world.

The Official UK celebration of the 50th anniversary of our favourite
little sports cars, is to be held at the British Motor Heritage Centre
at Gaydon, on Sunday 18 May 2008.

We are endeavouring to gather up to 1000 Midgets, Sprites and
derivatives, as well as enthusiasts, owners, restorers and racers, at a
fun-filled, eventful day of celebration. There are several road runs
being planned (including a John O'Groats to Land's End) that aim to tie
in with the day.

The event is unique in that it's being supported, funded and organised
by a cross-party group of representatives bringing together the UK's
Midget And Sprite Club, the MG Owner's Club, The MG Car Club and the
Austin Healey Driver's Club (whose President, Brian "Bic" Healey, hopes
to attend). Other guest celebrities are receiving invitations as we speak.

If you can bring your Spridget to the UK for the Golden Anniversary,
then Gaydon is the only place to be! - help us to gather together a
record number of this iconic British sports car for an unforgetable
celebration!

More details here http://www.spridget50.com/ - where you can also email
me to register an early (no obligation) interest, and receive advance
booking details.

Best Regards,

Steve Clark
Southampton, UK