35S comments: my take

To: "Kim, Sam (R&D - Calculators)" <skim@hp.com>, "Gui, Jack (GPS GC -
Subject: 35S comments: my take
From: "de Brebisson, Cyrille (Calculator Division)" <cyrille@hp.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 12:58:23 -0700
Hello,

They have been a tremendous number fo email in the last couple fo days
regarding the 35s.

Here is the list of items that we should do something about, ordered by
priority:

Must Fix (bugs):

! is a postfix function (K)

10 5.00000000001 INTG/ -> 2 (was fixed in 33s...) (K)

Needs fixing in the near future (improved customer experience):

SQRT, SQ, 10^x and LOG for complex numbers (K)

'h' in HEX mode (track #42)

GTO (I) (with potential improvement over the 33s)(K)

Needs fixing in the near future (non critical bug):

SIN of 89.9 89.99 89.999 .......

Nice to change part1 (improved user experience):

invert ->L and ->GAL

Change Shift keys to be up and down

Shift hold and shift turn on/off differs per function (also valid for
menus) (K)

execute keys at function press,  not released

1000 function in programs (K)

Nice to change part2:

on+a+g should be on+a+d (K)

Remove 1 annunciator at the end of self tests...

create 1 variable non-zero, MEM ENTER shows variable without up/down
annun. press RIGHT-SHIFT DOWN, the up/down annun turn on. only down will
turn them off, not on (K)

Some of these issues (marked with a K) and kinpo's problems/issues

The others are coming from under defined requirements, or are legacy
issues

Regards, cyrille