Re: [midgetsprite] Abrasive blast media

To: <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, "Spridget List \(spridget list\)"
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] Abrasive blast media
From: "Peter Shull" <pdx.pete@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 11:23:54 -0800
I bought one of the larger, free-standing HF cabinetst. The gun that came with
the unit almost immediately got "Clarici'd" and, after a conversation with one
of their techs, was replaced with one from TIP (URL to follow.).

Your compressor will likely be you main rate-limiting factor. I have a 60
gallon compressor with what seemed to be a fairly high output.  Following the
advice of the TIP tech, I opted for the smallest diameter ceramic nozzle that
was available. Even with this nozzle the compressor tends to run all the time,
especially if you are doing something like an A-arm or the like. I have been
using an 80-grit nickle slag that was purchased from a local woodworking
store. It seems to work well, leaves a "satin" finish and has a much, much
longer "life-span" than the glass beads I initially used.  I have not yet used
the slag on aluminum so I don't know how well it would work in that
application.

Hope that helps,
Pete