Re: Car insurance problem off topic... Now Kinda Long

To: rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Subject: Re: Car insurance problem off topic... Now Kinda Long
From: b-evans@earthlink.net
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 11:10:55 -0800
rrengineer@dslextreme.com wrote:  "One look in the emergency room and
you know why. Almost NO English spoken out there. Almost no insurance
out there either."

I'm not so sure you got the immediate treatment because you had
insurance, but because the triage nurse, after seeing your condition,
moved you to the front of the line for treatment.  The problem with the
illegals crowding the ER's is that they use them instead of a private
physican for assorted minor illnesses.  Since by law the ER's cannot
turn them away, they get free treatment and the hospital is not
reimbursed by anyone, insurance companies, the State or Federal
governments.  That is the primary reason so many hospitals are being
forced to close their ER's.

>     "My insurance company says I am the only one that has called them about
>this account.  The Hospital never called them to talk about it!"

That is because when you are admitted, you sign a document that YOU will
be responsible for payment, and the hospital will only submit the bills
as a courtesy to you.  If payment is not made through a error by either
the hospital or the insurance company, it is still you who are
responsible for sorting it out.

Buster