Re: Thin Flange - Thick Flange --update

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Thin Flange - Thick Flange --update
From: "Dave G." <dmg@bossig.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 20:14:15 -0800
My thanks to all who replied... to '63AHBJ7' who pointed me to the
archives, to Biff who gave me a rough measurement, to the gentleman who
pointed me to the Horley book and to many others -- this list is great!

I have mentioned that the engine ID number is NOT on a plate riveted to
the block but stamped directly into the block. Horley's book mentions
that this was done on Australian cars to prevent tampering with engine
numbers! Could this engine have been on an Aussie car??
If so this might account for the non-standard VIN number on the plates
on the door jambs.
Anyway, I'm thinking that I may have a thick flange 1275 block, the
casting number is '12G/1279' -- I don't know if that number has any
importance!!
It has a canister oil filter with a pressure switch connection.

The cylinder head is definitely a 68 or later 1275. It has the flat
machined top and the drillings (blocked)for the air injection rail to
meet the FED's  post 1/1/1968 air pollution rules.

Dave G.