Re: Thin Flange - Thick Flange --update

To: "Dave G." <dmg@bossig.com>
Subject: Re: Thin Flange - Thick Flange --update
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 23:41:41 -0500
Dave G. wrote:

> If so this might account for the non-standard VIN number on the plates
> on the door jambs.

The vin was never on the door jambs until 1968 and on.
The only VIN is on a tag screwed, not riveted to the frame rail by the
carbs.
Those tags on the A posts are body tags and have nothing to do with the
chassis ID.

> It has a canister oil filter with a pressure switch connection.

That is the "Your oil filter is dirty" switch, not a pressure switch.
If the red light near the center of the dash goes on, the filter is
clogged. This was done away with in 68. 1098s and 67 1275 had these
dirty filter warning lamps. And yes, I saw one come on once way back in
the 70s.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ