Fuel System Troubles

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel System Troubles
From: "Bert Shirey" <bertshirey@zoominternet.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 13:48:27 -0500
Guys,

      Thanks for the suggestions. The forum is a real help. While I`m thinking
about what`s next on the pump problem, maybe someone could comment on this
part:

      I said that I found the floats (conical plastic with stepped hinges) on
both HS-2 (AUD 136) carbs set at 5/16", rim to hinge plate, rather  than the
1/8-3/16" specified in all the books. The carbs were  rebuilt by a respected
shop 20 years ago. I can`t remember if I ever changed the setting, but it`s
possible some how I got the Midget and Bugeye mixed up.

      The car`s been running like that until now.

      Before I mess with something else, my question is, could there be any
operational purpose the floats would be intentionally set so wide, or is this
is just a screw-up finally catching up? Thanks,

Bert Shirey
66 Midget MKII/ 60 Bug