Re: Timely restoration (republished) part1

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Timely restoration (republished) part1
From: "Bill Gilroy" <wmgilroy@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 10:56:32 -0800
On 2/11/07, Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net> wrote:

> Ambition means you really want to do as much of the project as you can
> with your own hands.
> Time means giving up a few stupid TV shows that have no redeeming social
> value. I would never give up the Sopranos but The Apprentice has nothing
> to do with life as I know it.

One thing I have found is that if you do several hours of work around the
house at night (either the cars or stuff to keep the house running) you will
lose weight over the course of several months.  Just another benefit of
working on the Spridget.  Hard to stay focused on the car with a new job,
new house and all the stuff associated with those.  But I try to make sure
that I get into the garage every night even if it is just to clean up (a
leaf blower works great for blowing the sanding dust out the doors!)

 It is kinda of funny we got a two car garage and now my stuff is on both
sides.  My wife keeps asking when she can park in the garage.  I tell her
that won't happen until we get more power in the garage; that way a door
opener can be installed.  Even if that happens I think she still will have
to park in the driveway.  Nobody tell her that!

Tools, you must have basic hand tools, an air compressor suitable for
> body work,

I have a compressor but it is not suitable for auto body tools; it can't
keep up.  That will be my next major purchase after getting more power into
the garage. Even if I had a good compressor I could not hook it up
anywhere.  So sanding takes longer then it should.  When I need to wait I go
do something else.