FW: Morgan, Triumph, Austin Healey Challenge 2007 ( MOTRAH 007)

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Jack W. Drews \(Jack W. Drews\)"
Subject: FW: Morgan, Triumph, Austin Healey Challenge 2007 ( MOTRAH 007)
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 13:37:45 -0600
  _____

From: Jeff Johnk [mailto:jeffj@centuryrefining.com]
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 1:04 PM
To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;

Hi MOTRAH Friends,

    Just a few weeks ago we released a MOTRAH 007 update(see attached MOTRAH
update).... well as it turns out we released the update to soon. Why,
because a number a wonderful things have just developed for MOTRAH 007 in
addition to what you will find in the update. They are:

     Road America has bestowed an unexpected gift by kindly agreeing to
allow the Gymkhana (Autocross) be run on their highly technical MOTORPLEX
course! (See Map Motorplex attachment.) This is a very unique opportunity
for MOTRAH cars to enjoy the incredible course.... this opportunity may
never come around again as to my knowledge this is the first and only time
Road America has allowed such activity on the Motorplex course. Many thanks
to Road America for granting this special permission and the Chicago Morgan
Club for working hard to make it happen. If you have ever wanted to
participate in a truly unique autocross, THIS IS IT!!! Note:Road America has
specifically limited the activity on this course to Morgan's, Triumphs, and
Austin Healeys (both race and street) cars. No other Makes are allowed to
take this course. Questions concerning the Gymkhana should be directed to
Mr. Steve Balsamo sdbalsamo@aol.com  Bring your Helmets.

     You will also find attached the PROVISIONAL schedule for the weekend
that list both street and race activities. Here you will find another coup
for the benefit of MOTRAH racers. Due to the many first time MOTRAH racers
to Road America (and those of us who will be breaking in a fresh winter race
project or bedding brakes or finding our RA race legs, etc.) SVRA has
secured an UNTIMED track practice for early arriving MOTRAH race cars on
Thursday afternoon. I encourage racers to take advantage of this unexpected
bonus to an already loaded schedule. Many thanks SVRA!  Note:The schedule
attached is a PROVISIONAL schedule, times and race groups may be moved
around on the final schedule. Ask for an final schedule at SVRA registration
on your arrival at Road America and MOTRAH 007.

    MOTRAH Racers, please note: Race entry forms (and other info) are now up
on SVRA website www.svra.com . Remember racers you get the SVRA membership
discount race entry fee even if you are not a SVRA member.

    Do not forget the Friday evening MOTRAH dinner and Q&A with Mr. Kastner
and Mr. Sprinzel. As previous stated, we have added this dinner for all
MOTRAH folks (Street and Race) in the interest of good comradery and fun.
Space is limited and I understand that nearly 1/2 the tickets are already
gone. Tickets are $20 to help cover the cost. Mail your request and checks
for tickets for this dinner to: MOTRAH 007, 5826 Queens Cove, Lisle, IL.,
60532.

    See you at MOTRAH 007!

    Respectfully,

Jeff Johnk