Re: Drive way cleaning and Sprite content.

To: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Subject: Re: Drive way cleaning and Sprite content.
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 14:05:07 -0600
OOh, you are right.  I sit corrected.  It is indeed Hydrochloric acid.  My
chemistry professor would be so disappointed.  The Muriatic acid available
at HD is low concentration Hydrochloric acid.

That reminds me of a demonstration my chem prof did.  He poured some clear
liquid from a beaker into a small dish.  He announce that the liquid was
acidic.  He put a piece of "metal" into the small dish.  A very violent
reaction resulted in the metal being destroyed.  He then asked the class to
guess what the liquid was.  Everyone guessed highly concentrated
Hydrochloric acid.  He then drank the liquid form the beaker and announced
that it was Sprite.