Homo Club meeting

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: Homo Club meeting
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 07:09:58 -0600
Hey Y'all,

The Striking Viking (Mrs. Flounder) is off to some sort of estrogen club
retreat Fri-Sun, leaving me free to organize a homo club meeting for this
weekend. Brother Don, Larry and I are off to Roscoe, IL  Sat. AM (yes, right
under the nose of the Grasshopper) to retrieve the 2nd and 3rd car of a 3
car deal we've purchased.

The first car we drug home, is a nearly rot free Bugeye race tub. raced
early enough to never had flares or an elaborate roll bar it. It's from
California. Larry's going to end up with that as he has enough parts to make
2 cars, and this car certainly will be on the road faster than BOB, the
Beast of Bondo.

The 2nd car is a round arch Midget, with motor & trans out of it. It's a
total rot bucket parts car.

The 3rd is another California Bugeye race car, with documented race history
including all log books from their inception up to about 1990 when it
stopped racing. There are pictures from its earliest preparation through its
current state. It raced at Riverside, Willow Springs, Phoenix, Holtville,
Firebird, Carlsbad, Las Vegas, Laguna Seca, Utah, Olympia Sprints, Rio
Grande Regional and National, Sears Point, Pueblo, Portland. Speedrome, WIR
in Witchita, Ft. Sumner, and others.

It too appears to be rust free. It does have fiberglass flared grafted to
its steel fenders, and they did bugger up the fender lips. The full race
motor had 2 races on it when it was put away. The engine compartment shows
some careful preparation in its details. so I'm hopeful that the motor has
some good bits in it.

We'll be back to the Dream Farm Saturday afternoon.

If any one's interested, we may start an automotive archeological dig on the
car, show some vintage race films, and serve some food Sunday if anyone's
interested in coming by. Let me know.

Wm. Severin Thompson

wsthompson@thicko.com

www.thicko.com <http://www.thicko.com/>