Re: RIP Frank Clarici

To: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Subject: Re: RIP Frank Clarici
From: Larry Macy <lmacy@phillymgclub.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 13:59:56 -0400
Theresa, my spouse,

Had a Mazda (626) for years. she went 90,000 miles on it before it
would not start (LONG before I knew her). One day it would not start,
a service guy came and looked at it, needed spark plugs. She changed
the spark plugs. A couple years later, her son was driving the same
car, got hit by a bus. Totaled by insurance, my buddy Reg fixed the
panels and we found a tail light. Then my daughter drive it for about
2 years. She ran into the back of her then current BF's PU truck and
destroyed the front end. Had to retire that baby. 246,000 miles on it.
One, maybe two sets of spark plugs, prolly 5 oil changes in it's
entire life (most of them after my daughter got the car at 190,000
miles, and I did them)

She later had a Probe (Mazda V-6) with less than 70,000 miles and a
bad mechanic (read - unknowing) replaced the alternator belt and cam
belt, on the Mazda engine, and trashed the engine. Within 1000 miles
the engine was trashed. Apparently if you don't get the line up of the
alt,air,ps,cams.fuel pump, etc within 99% of accurate, it trashes the
crank. Had to replace that engine/car. She ended up with a 2001 Subaru
after that, which we traded in at 140,000 miles. (she commutes)

BTW did she follow the manufacturers suggested maintenance schedule??
I think not, no matter what I say.

Go figure

My Midget has just over 130,000 miles, 2 engines, one tranny  (one
needed, one cuz I wanted more power, tranny for a 5 speed)

Who's right??.

Larry

--
Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?

believed to be clean.