Re: RIP Frank Clarici

To: <nory1@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: RIP Frank Clarici
From: "Chris King" <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 12:13:57 -0700
It's been at that age for a while. I bought the thing with abut 42K on
it three years ago. It's now got 115K on it, has had both heads on the
4.0L replaced, the rear axle rebuilt (because some dealership grease
monkey overtightened the pinion flange when he replaced the leaking
seal), A/C evaporator core, ignition module, and then some maintenance
items. It's now got a check engine light that comes and goes randomly,
and may or may not need a clutch slave cylinder (that's inside the bell
housing, just ask Frank how much fun that is. Mine'll be more fun
because of the 4x4 stuff), and the input bearing to the transmission is
getting noisy. POS this thing is. Ironically, my dad had a '97 Ranger
that he ran for 270K and did little more than routine maintenance on. I
guess mine was built by some hungover guy on Monday in Linden NJ.

On the plus side, it had no problem towing my Cosworth Vega home from
Detroit. :)

-=Chris

Chris King
http://home.comcast.net/~kvcbk/