AH Spares Hardtop Clamps

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: AH Spares Hardtop Clamps
From: rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 17:35:17 -0700 (MST)
I just tried to fit my freshly repainted factory hardtop to my Bugeye with
AH Spares chrome replacement clips for the front where is clamps to the
windshield lip.  They looked short in comparison to the original before I
installed them, but I thought maybe they would work.  Well, they don't.
They come up at least a 1/4 inch too short.  What the hell were they
designed for?  No, the rubber on the front of the top is NOT too thick.
It's original rubber.  The original clamps are very scratched up, like
someone dragged the top along the driveway on the latches.  I guess I'll
have to try to get them re-chromed.  I h ave a comparison picture of both
sets of clamps side by side I can email anyone that is interested off
list.   I'm on my way to work right now, but I will send it out to anyone
that wants it tomorrow.  This is a definite No-Buy warning.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2